Do you have an innovative open data technology project or idea you are proud of? Do you want to be in with a chance of winning part of the €50,000 prize fund? If you move quick, and can repurpose it for an audience in Nantes, France you might be.
Nantes Métropole, the City of Nantes and their partners are organising a call for innovative projects closing at 12 noon on 18 May 2012.
- Applications must use at least one set of date available on http://data.nantes.fr
- Applications must be of interest or service to the residents of Nantes, of the Nantes agglomeration and users of Nantes.
- Applications may incorporate other open-source, free and French data from public institutions, public authorities and industrial and commercial public undertakings (EPIC) and from the directory www.data-publica.com, in accordance with the respective licences, and in this case their use must be clearly specified in the registration form.
- Applications do not necessarily have to be completed. The level of completion of the project shall be specified in the registration form for the call for projects.
There are 8 prizes available;
- Judges’ prize: €10,000. Rewards the judges’ favourite service.
- Mobile application prize: €7,000. Awarded to the best mobile application.
- Mobility prize: €7,000. Awarded to the service that best fosters mobility for users in Nantes.
- Prize for citizen’s information in the public area: €7,000. Rewards the most successfully completed service for information to residents of Nantes and the surrounding area.
- Prize for the best Open source service: €7,000. Awarded to the best Open Source service.
- People’s choice award: €5,000. Awarded to the service receiving the most online votes.
- People’s choice award: €5,000. Rewards the best service developed by a student candidate.
- Prize for the best idea: €2,000. For the most promising concept or idea requiring help in completing the project.
The terms and conditions and application process are available in this PDF. There’s no time to waste….