23 March 2018, 1:00-7:30pm
Writing Room, Bristol City Hall
Lunch, dinner, and refreshments provided.
Data Drinks, sponsored by CARTO, to follow!
As part of the forthcoming Data for Development Festival at City Hall, we’re pleased to be working with Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data, CARTO and Datavised on The Bristol Data Dive. We will be creating visulaisations that extract insights related to cities, transportation and the global sustainable development goals.
There will also be a series of flash talks from data for development experts representing Bristol, Bogota, and Sierra Leone. A team of mentors will be available throughout the session to provide technical and policy-related guidance on data science, analysis, and visualizations, as well as development policy and the SDGs. It’s your opportunity to play with and explore datasets from other cities in the festival network, get support from our team of experts, meet new people, learn, and apply your skills toward projects for social good.
Who should attend? We’re looking for:
- Developers/hackers interested in tackling poverty, inequality, and climate change.
- International development practitioners interested in data analysis and visualization.
- Designers and UX professionals interested in creating solutions to global problems.
- Data for Development Festival attendees.
- Data enthusiasts and scientists.