Alex Roy from Adroit Economics advised delegates on how to make a business case and translate projects ‘on the ground’ into funding from the regional RDAs and the European Commission. He stressed the need for projects to be clearly defined and for consideration of the likely impact in social and economic terms.
Following Alex’s presentation, a panel discussion is underway on the case for connectivity, with
- Dick Penny, Director of Watershed
- Liz Reid, Gateshead Council
- Houston Spencer, Vice President, Solutions & Marketing Alcatel-Lucent, North Europe
- Andy Kinear, Head of Avon IM&T Consortium (Health)
- Michael Dunn, SW Regional Manager BT
- David Trussler, BCC Director of Business Transformation