IES Cities ProjectProjects
The main goal of IES Cities was to facilitate the use of an open technological platform in different cities across Europe, allowing the citizen to provide and consume internet-based services based on their own and external linked data related to the cities.
The project created an open platform for the generation of user oriented internet services making use of the data generated by users smartphones and from the different cities data platforms . The added value, compared to other initiatives, was the participation of users acting as Prosumers of data (producers and consumers).
The specific objectives of the project were:
- To create a new open-platform adapting the technologies and over taking the knowledge from previous initiatives.
- To validate and test a set of predefined services across the involved cities via local pilots and based on the open platform. The users download and install mobile applications developed for the testing of the services. They were able to have direct interaction with the platform via web or mobile devices (smartphones).
- To validate, analyse and retrieve technical feedback from the different pilots in order to detect and solve the major incidences of the technical solutions used in the cities. The pilots will be executed on a two phases loop, permitting a gap in the middle for this intermediate validation and tuning.
- To adequately manage the users’ interaction within the project framework for the inclusion of users in the pilots and their behaviour during the validations. The pilots were run in Zaragoza (ES), Bristol (UK), Rovereto (IT) and Majadahonda (ES).
- To maximise the impact of the project through adequate dissemination activities (social networks, related events and fairs, etc.) and the planning of the project results exploitation.