Mobile & Flexible Working is Coming to BristolOther news
Mobile & Flexible Working is coming to BRISTOL – 2 May 2007
The Passenger Shed, The British Empire & Commonwealth Museum, Bristol
In association with: Bristol City Council & Connecting Bristol
Nomad is the local authority centre of excellence for mobile and flexible working. Connecting Bristol is delighted to join with Nomad to support a 1-day national showcase. Up to the minute case studies from a range of local authority speakers will illustrate the successes and challenges of using ICT and wireless working to accelerate service transformation.
Confirmed speakers include:
* Housing Repairs – Peter Gray, Peterborough City Council
* Benefits – Tina Gask-Clarke, formerly of Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council
* Regulatory Services – Thomas Dodd, ReGS Project, Barnsley & Sheffield Councils
* Social Care – Paul Overton, North Somerset Adult Care Services
The event will also feature a choice of interactive round table discussions:
* How to get from pilot phase to strategic roll out of mobile and the development of flexible working strategies – with case study presentations from North Hertfordshire District Council and facilitation from Anite.
* People, Home Working and Accommodation Impact – with case study presentation from Leeds City Council’s Benefits Team and facilitation from Capita.
* ‘Meeting the Wireless Challenge – delegates will hear from Bharat Jain, Nomad Wireless Project Manager; Stephen Hilton, Connecting Bristol; Ian Muller, Cityspace and Pete Ferne, Bristol Wireless. This workshop will generate insight and understanding of how wireless broadband can accelerate transformation and innovation in public and community services.
New ‘State of the Nation’ Survey Results will be shared with delegates during the End plenary session.
Attend by booking online
*Nomad is owned by Cambridgeshire County Council
*80 places are available to delegates
*Usual cost per delegate is £125 but Connecting Bristol has negotiated a £25 discount for Bristol City Council employees and elected members and registered members of the Connecting Bristol Momentum Group
*To access the discounted rate of £100 per delegate (no VAT applicable) complete the online registration form, choose to pay by invoice and add the code (CB1) to the purchase order number field
*Completion of the online registration form will secure your place at your chosen workshop (on a first come, first served basis – waiting list may apply)
*Cancellations are chargeable at the full delegate rate, but substitutions can be made until one week prior to the event.