Bristol businesses could get a grant of up to £2,500 to get gigabit-ready broadband as part of a new Government pilot scheme.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is for a limited time offering vouchers worth up to £2,500 towards the cost of getting gigabit-ready broadband installed in local homes as part of the Gigabit Voucher Scheme.
The scheme is open to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) from the Bristol City and Bath & North East Somerset Council area to help them get a gigabit-ready connection. The £2,500 voucher from the scheme will subsidise the costs of installing the new connection.
The many business benefits of a full fibre gigabit connection include:
- uploading or downloading massive files in a matter of seconds
- enabling the use of powerful new collaborative tools
- taking full advantage of cloud services to improve software and ICT infrastructure
- improving the e-commerce service offer
- supporting new remote ways of working at home or in the field;
all raising a business’ productivity and profitability.
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and residents could get a grant towards the installation / capital costs of gigabit-ready connection.
If you’re an SME, find out if you’re eligible
You just need to contact a supplier, who will advise you if they can bring ultrafast broadband to your business.
The grant is paid directly to your new telecoms supplier to cover the installation cost of gigabit-ready broadband in business premises.
An SME can be summarised as:
– Up to 249 employees (in total in the organisation) and turnover no greater than €50m per annum, and/or
– Balance sheet of no more than €43m
SMEs are defined using a standard EU definition. Full details are available here.
How it works for businesses
Contact a registered supplier →
To see if your business or organisation could benefit from the scheme, the first step is to find a registered supplier.
Discuss your case with the supplier →
There is no application process to complete, if a registered supplier can provide a gigabit capable connection to your business premises, they will offer the voucher.